In your attempt to adapt to the evolving technology landscape and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, have you invested in solutions that may not be assisting your company in achieving its long-term goals? If so, you’re not alone.
The rapid growth of technology shows no signs of slowing, and businesses have gradually begun to adjust to the “new normal.” Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have started to realize that to provide a competitive level of service to both customers and employees, they must keep up with current trends that support their goals and vision.
Here are a few reasons why staying current with technology is critical:
- Bringing all the necessary tools that work together saves time and effort that increases overall efficiency.
- Streamlined technologies and processes can help you increase productivity by improving the employee experience.
- It gives you the opportunity to ramp up security by removing obsolete technology that no longer receives crucial security patches.
The emphasis, however, must be on smart tech acceleration rather than just speed.
While tech acceleration is about fast implementations that fix short-term issues, smart tech acceleration focuses on implementing technology that supports the organization’s long-term goals and vision.
More about smart tech acceleration
Like most other companies, you’ve probably seen a lot of changes since the pandemic began in 2020. Businesses had to make rapid decisions overnight by deploying tools for remote work and collaboration to adapt to COVID-19 restrictions and keep employees and customers safe. While these digital solutions might have helped businesses like yours survive during a period of great uncertainty, they may have been inadequately integrated with existing systems or no longer fulfill your objectives and vision.
It’s time for a smart tech acceleration that considers your company’s long-term strategy, market trends and the role technology can play in furthering key initiatives. A prediction that investment in smart infrastructure will increase by 40% in 2022 demonstrates that many organizations understand the importance of effective technology acceleration.1
Smart tech acceleration also underlines the importance of technology in terms of customer experience and employee retention. While 10% of businesses commit to going fully remote, 60% experiment with hybrid environments and 30% return to the office, seismic shifts in customer and staff retention patterns could occur if quick acceleration gets prioritized over a long-term strategy.2 Rushed changes and accompanying solutions may not serve your employees and customers well.
Three ways smart tech acceleration supports long-term business growth
- Businesses today must collaborate with several vendors to perform various tasks. Smart tech acceleration insists on identifying partners who align with your values and are innovative enough to contribute to your future roadmap. This is crucial because otherwise, you’ll have to face multiple issues down the road, and things may get even more complicated if you have to find a substitute in the middle of a project.
- Integration helps businesses meet their growing IT demands by making it easier to connect new solutions with their existing IT infrastructure. In fact, many manufacturers today design their technology products expecting future integration with other IT components.
Smart tech acceleration advocates for integration to improve business operations. A centralized infrastructure boosts the efficiency of information sharing and workflows, resulting in higher productivity. It also reduces operational expenses, improves overall response time and guarantees that information is easily accessible when needed.
- Smart tech acceleration ensures your organization’s growth by focusing on key performance indicator (KPI) improvements rather than quick, reactionary installations.
You could lose your prospects to your competition if you don’t invest in a long-overdue technological upgrade. Remember to distance yourself from quick fixes that won’t help you meet your goals and instead focus on investments for long-term productivity and operational success.
While it’s difficult to walk the path of smart tech acceleration alone, having an expert MSP by your side takes this pressure off your shoulders. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.
- Forrester predictions 2022
- Forrester: The Anywhere-Work Guide to Employee Vaccination